CFOT Awards at OTAC:
CFOT LUNCHEON SYMPOSIUM WAS INSPIRING!
Many thanks to luncheon symposium presenter, Dr. Erna Blanche, OTR/L, FAOTA, for teaching us about the importance of play. Congratulations to the CFOT Humanitarian of the Year honoree Dr. Diane Mayfield, MA, OTR/L. You both inspire us!
2013 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Janice Matsutsuyu Scholarship, Clarrisa Tu - University of Southern California
- Jaffe Graduate Scholarship, Shanee Ben -Haim- Dominican University
- Knox-Hirsch Scholarship, Maura Dell - San Jose State University
- Ardith Breton Scholarship, Robyn Tofukuji - University of Saint Augustine
- Fredlyn Berger Scholarship, Jaqueline Huerta - University of Southern California
- Fred Sammons Scholarship, Sevenju Pepper - Cal State Dominguez Hills
- North Coast Medical Scholarship, Caryn Roach - University of Southern California
- Fred Sammons Scholarship, Juliana Wal - San Jose State University
- Wilma West Scholarship, Loy Campbell - San Jose State University
- Jan Matsutsuyu Scholarship, Anne Mathew - University of Southern California
- Mary Reilly Scholarship, Sean Sullivan - University of Southern California
- Bonita Kraft Scholarship, Tsai-Yen Lin - Loma Linda University
OCCUPATIONALTHERAPY ASSISTANT TRAINEESHIPS
- Janice Matsutsuyu Traineeship, Carlyn Stech - Grossmont College
- Los Angeles Consultants Group Traineeships, Tanya Rowley - Sacramento City College College and Paula Baranek - Santa Ana College
CFOT RESEARCH AWARDS
- Jessica DeBrun, MA, OTR/L - "Perspectives and programming to support early childhood development for mother survivors residing at a domestic violence shelter".
- Judy Hopkins, OT/L - "Infant and toddler short gut feeding outcome study".
SEED MONEY AWARDS
- Colleen Norlander, Amy Schulkin, Lauren Granadino, Kirsten Howard, and Vanessa Rabatin - San Jose State University - "The effectiveness of an occupational therapy imaginative play intervention in increasing playfulness in pre-school aged children who are homeless".
- Gina Barnes, Melissa Husband, Tina Nguyen, and Melanie Ramos - Samuel Merritt - "Improving variables of attention and social responsiveness in children with autism spectrum disorder pilot project".
- Joseph Harrison, Daniel Pezel, Jessica Pham, and Chelsea Tavill - Samuel Merritt - “Computer assisted remediation for older adults: the virtual context: pilot study".