CFOT awards scholarships to occupational therapy students and traineeships for occupational therapy assistant students.
CFOT is pleased to announce that up to fourteen scholarships will be awarded annually. These scholarships are for occupational therapy students who are:
- California residents planning on working in California upon completion of their degree.
- Enrolled in an OT program at a university in this state, completed at least one term with a 3.0 GPA or better, and
- Members of the Occupational Therapy Association of California.
The scholarship committee selects students for the named scholarships.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
Thirteen - Entry Level Degree-Masters or Doctorate Degree
One - Post Professional Graduate Degree
Those who have received an entry level scholarship award from CFOT in the past, are allowed to apply for a post professional graduate level scholarship.
- Click here to view the guidelines for the Entry Level Master’s Degree Scholarship.
- Click here to view the guidelines for Entry Level Doctorate Degree Scholarship.
- Click here to view the guidelines for the Post Professional Graduate Degree Scholarship.
CFOT Scholarship Awards
- Fred Sammons Scholarship $2,000
- Ardith Breton Scholarship $1,500
- Jaffe Graduate Level Scholarship $1,500
- Knox-Hirsch OTR Graduate Scholarship-Pediatrics $1,000
- Bonita Kraft Scholarship-Mental Health $1,500
- Janice Matsutsuyu Scholarships $1,500 (2 awarded annually)
- Lisa Test Scholarship $1,500
- Wilma West Post OTR Graduate Scholarship $1,500
- Frank J. Biehl Opportunity Scholarship $1,500
- Michelle Berro-In Memory of Mary Ann Epstein Scholarship $1,500
- Chuck Strauch Scholarship $1,500
- Every Child Achieves, Inc. Scholarship-Pediatrics $1,000
- In Memorium Scholarship $1,500
Accredited California Schools with OT Professional Degree Programs
If you are downloading an application, please consider your level of education (i.e. entry level or OTR in a graduate program) to assure you use the appropriate application.
Important: Annual deadline to submit all scholarship applications is:
- Entry level-March 31
- Post professional-March 31
Everything needs to be submitted together via email in one PDF file to:
If you need further information, please contact:
Laura Weiss, MS, OTR/L